HALLOWE’EN – With some planning, children will still be able to enjoy trick-or-treating safely! Residents with someone in the home who are high risk or for those who do not wish to participate in the handing out of treats, may choose to put a sign on their door stating “Have a Happy and Safe Halloween: NO Visitors Please” or simply shut off all porch or outside lights. This will be an indicator to trick or treaters and parents that this house is not handing out treats this year.
Public Health Guidelines:
– children should be accompanied by an adult
– keep track of where you go
– covid masks should be worn instead of a Hallowe’en mask
Handing out treats:
– wash & sanitize before touching treats
– do not offer homemade treats
– do not allow children to take candy from the bowl
– doing up individual bags is a safe option
– consider offering non-food treats
– frequently disinfect any high touched areas
Should residents have concerns on Hallowe’en night, contact the RCMP at 1-888-506-7267.
E-Transfer – For the convenience of users on the Municipal water system, the option to e-transfer your water payment is now available. For residents who wish to use this option, e-transfer your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the message area please put your address. Ex: 102wilsey
Remembrance Day Service – The Remembrance Day Service will be held at the Royal Canadian Legion Branch #55, 159 Sunbury Dr, Fredericton Junction
– Service will be held outside and Masks are mandatory
– Social distancing required
– Wreaths and crosses will be laid prior to the service by legion members but names will still be read at the service
– A reception is to follow the service however proof of double vaccination and ID will be required to attend. Masks are mandatory inside the building unless eating.
New Well Update – After 2 years of exploration, completing all regulatory requirements and the construction of the new well house, Well 5 is now up and running and producing water quantities as suspected. We are in the process of finalizing electronic calibrations on the computerized system. Council would again like to thank the residents for their patience these past few years during this process.
Fireman’s Calendars – The fireman’s calendars will be available once again this year. Due to the closure of the previous calendar supplier, the calendars will not have the birthdays, anniversaries or memorials listed this year. We are hoping the 2023 calendar will provide the listings. Once the calendars arrive, they will be available for pick up only at the village office.
Tree Lighting Ceremony – Plans are underway for the annual Tree Lighting to be held on Saturday, December 4th beginning at 6:00 pm at the caboose. Mark your calendars and come out and enjoy the fun and singing. Social distancing is required. Due to COVID restrictions, there will be NO reception at the Curling Club afterwards.
Council Meetings – Council meets every second and fourth Monday of the month. Meetings are open to the public and all are welcome. Masks are mandatory and social distancing is required. Call if attending.
Village of Fredericton Junction
102 Wilsey Road
Fredericton Junction, NB