THE VILLAGE OF FREDERICTON JUNCTION
SUPERVISOR OF PUBLIC WORKS
The Village of Fredericton Junction is welcoming applications for the position of Supervisor of Public Works. Reporting to the Mayor or its delegate, the Supervisor of Public Works will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the water and sewer utility and all of the Village of Fredericton Junction infrastructure, which includes but is not limited to the Village Office, Village Public Works facility, Fire Department, Village-owned wells, lift stations, lagoons, municipal roads and streets, sidewalks, equipment and local grounds including scheduled and unscheduled repairs and maintenance repair. The Village Maintenance person, part time workers and summer students will report to this position.
The Supervisor of Public Works Responsibilities:
- Ensure the optimum operation of the the water and sewer system
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly schedules for the water and system are compiled & completed
- Ensure all documentation required for the water and sewer system is completed and submitted to the appropriate recipient
- Ensure all maintenance schedules for maintaining municipal roads and streets, culverts, fire hydrants and manholes are complete
- Ensure that sidewalks, streets and parking are cleared, sanded and salted when required
- Ensure and maintain all service schedules on Village owned equipment
- Perform minor repairs and service on Village equipment
- Perform various preventative maintenance tasks on all Village equipment and infrastructure
- Respond to all inquiries or concerns of Village residents in a timely manner
- Has the ability to operate all Village equipment
- Provide direction and assistance to maintenance staff, part time staff and summer students
- Other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- High school diploma or equivalent with 5 or more years’ experience in water/wastewater operation or related work
- Experience in managing and directing employee personnel
- Possession of Water and Wastewater Operator – Water Distruibution Class 1
- Possession of Water Distribution Certificate – (AWWA )
- Possession of or willing to complete the Fire Fighter Level 1 course
- Class 5 driver’s license with airbrake endorsement or willing to obtain
- Ability to read technical information and bulletins and attend technical training Seminars
Salary: Comensurate on skills and abilities.
Please forward resumes to Village of Fredericton Junction, 102 Wilsey Road, Fredericton Junction, E5L 1X9 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The office would like to thank all those who have shown interested in this position.
Job Opportunity Closing Friday May 28, 2021 at Noon.